Scala 2 Kontakt Microtuner
- Select and load up to 10 Scala files with standard Windows file navigation and output a single, multiscalar Kontakt script text to clipboard or WordPad.
- Tuning algorithm is compatible with commercially produced 12 tone equal temperament sample sets.
- Supports octave and non-octave tunings up to 127 scale degrees.
- Tuning precision of .001 cent.
- Optional real-time display of tuning information, including the active underlying 12-equal sample note.
- Shift knob transposes pitch by +/- 4 scales in whole-scale increments.
- Tuning and settings persist with instrument patch. All parameters can be configured independently for each instrument in a multi-timbral instance of Kontakt.
- Assignable midi cc for real-time scale selection.
- Assignable midi key and cent value for scale degree 0. Assignable cc's for real-time increments and decrements to the degree 0 key.
- Multiple instruments, each with its own tuning, can be played polyphonically and retuned simultaneously in concert.
- Supports sample group keyswitchs for realtime articulation changes. A note range can be reserved for keyswitching, and the reservation can be enabled or disabled.
- Pitchbend up/down range can be set to scale degrees of the current scale. For non-equal division scales, pitchbend intervals are dependent on the scale degree of the playing note. Microtonal pitchbend can be applied to all sounding notes (polyphonic to twenty voices) or the last note played. The pitchbend feature can be used to improve control of small bends in microtonal scales, or support a polyphonic shift where each note bends proportionately through its own range. Here's an example of a guitar with some pitchbends (7-limit sruti scale by Adrian Fokker with some modulations. Guitar by realsamples.de). wma.
- Handles complex release group and round-robin articulations.
- Tested compatibilites include EastWest Quantum Leap/RA/Gold, Ethnoworld 4, and Symphobia libraries.
- Scripts generated by the Microtuner app are compatible with PC or Mac versions of Kontakt 2.2 through Kontakt 4.
Please click on the image below to step through a slideshow of the Microtuner. Right click for player controls. If you have flash player problems, please click here for a .pdf.
The Microtuner is a small Windows application that loads selected Scala (.scl) files and produces a script for Kontakt. The script is copied into Windows clipboard memeory and pasted into Kontakt.
Please click on the image below to step through a slideshow of this process. Right click for player controls. If you have flash player problems, please click here for a .pdf.